1-800-269-6215Mon. - Fri. 9AM - 7PM &Sat. 9AM - 6PM ESTSun. 9AM - 6PM EST
Know your part number?
- Know your model number?
- Don't know your model number?
You can use the Part Finder to help find your model and the right part for your machine.
Diagnose & Troubleshoot Log Splitters
Select one of the symptoms below to find possible causes and common solutions
- Engine Fails to Start
- Engine Overheats
- Engine Runs Erratic
- Engine Stalls During Splitting
- Hydraulic: Cylinder Rod Will Not Move
- Hydraulic: Engine Runs but Wood Will Not Split or Wood Splits Too Slowly
- Hydraulic: Engine Will Not Turn or Stalls Under Low Load Conditions
- Hydraulic: Leaking Cylinder
- Hydraulic: Leaking Pump Shaft Seal
- Hydraulic: Slow Cylinder Shaft Speed While Extending and Retracting
|Possible Causes||Corrective Actions|
1Engine oil level low
Fill crankcase with proper oil
Dirty air cleaner
Clean or replace air cleaner
Carburetor not adjusted properly