1-800-269-6215Mon. - Fri. 9AM - 7PM &Sat. 9AM - 6PM ESTSun. 9AM - 6PM EST
Know your part number?
- Know your model number?
- Don't know your model number?
You can use the Part Finder to help find your model and the right part for your machine.
Diagnose & Troubleshoot Log Splitters
Select one of the symptoms below to find possible causes and common solutions
- Engine Fails to Start
- Engine Overheats
- Engine Runs Erratic
- Engine Stalls During Splitting
- Hydraulic: Cylinder Rod Will Not Move
- Hydraulic: Engine Runs but Wood Will Not Split or Wood Splits Too Slowly
- Hydraulic: Engine Will Not Turn or Stalls Under Low Load Conditions
- Hydraulic: Leaking Cylinder
- Hydraulic: Leaking Pump Shaft Seal
- Hydraulic: Slow Cylinder Shaft Speed While Extending and Retracting
Engine Runs Erratic
|Possible Causes||Corrective Actions|
1Unit running with CHOKE applied, if so equipped
Move choke lever to OFF position
Spark plug wire loose
Connect and tighten spark plug wire
Blocked fuel line or stale fuel
Clean fuel line; fill tank with clean, fresh gasoline
Water or dirt in fuel system
Drain fuel tank. Refill with fresh fuel
Dirty air cleaner
Clean or replaces air cleaner
Carburetor not adjusted properly