1-800-269-6215Mon. - Fri. 8AM - 8PM &Sat. 9AM - 5PM EST
Know your part number?
- Know your model number?
- Don't know your model number?
You can use the Part Finder to help find your model and the right part for your machine.
Diagnose & Troubleshoot Log Splitters
Select one of the symptoms below to find possible causes and common solutions
- Engine Fails to Start
- Engine Overheats
- Engine Runs Erratic
- Engine Stalls During Splitting
- Hydraulic: Cylinder Rod Will Not Move
- Hydraulic: Engine Runs but Wood Will Not Split or Wood Splits Too Slowly
- Hydraulic: Engine Will Not Turn or Stalls Under Low Load Conditions
- Hydraulic: Leaking Cylinder
- Hydraulic: Leaking Pump Shaft Seal
- Hydraulic: Slow Cylinder Shaft Speed While Extending and Retracting
Hydraulic: Engine Runs but Wood Will Not Split or Wood Splits Too Slowly
|Possible Causes||Corrective Actions|
1Small gear section damaged
Pump check valve leaking
Excessive pump inlet vacuum
Make certain pump inlet hoses are clear and unblocked
Incorrect oil level
Check oil level
Drain oil, clean reservoir and refill
Directional valve leaking internally
Do not attempt to slit wood against the grain
Internally damaged cylinder